What Is a
A personal loan is a lump sum provided to an individual by a bank, credit agency, or private lender, in order for them to use for personal expenses. Personal loans come with lower interest rates than credit cards, so funding a big expense or project with a personal loan could save you thousands of rands on interest payments.
How does it work?
The amount of money you are able to borrow with a personal loan varies based on the lender as well as your credit history. Personal loans usually, however, range between R5000 to R100 000. If you wish to borrow more, lenders may require that you switch to a secured loan instead of the more commonly used unsecure personal loan.
How do I apply?
Simply fill in your name, surname, email address and a few other details in order to apply for a personal loan. You will contacted soon after this in order to discuss your loan options.
Your personal loan wil than be approved/disaaproved based on your:
• Credit rating
• Employment data
Types of Personal Loans
• Secured personal loans: makes use of collateral
• Unsecured personal loans: no collateral required
• There is no need to risk having your personal property repossessed when applying for an unsecured personal loan
• No upfront payments required
• Predictable interest rates and monthly payments makes for easy budgeting
• Ability to finance your personal expenses immediately
How Do You Repay a Personal Loan?
Once you’ve received your loan amount, you will need to start making monthly installments in order to pay it back. A percentage of this will go towards repaying the fundamental amount borrowed from the lender while the rest will go towards the interest rate.